As Director, Corporate Support, Financial Control you will support multiple business segments including Finance, Risk management, Internal Audit and more, alongside executive Enterprise Initiatives.
You will lead a team in the Financial Control function, ensuring appropriate governance and controls are in place to support the accuracy of balance sheet and income statement, and provide accounting interpretation, guidance and advice on transactions as they arise.
- Establish the control and governance framework including monthly GL reconciliation review and attestation, process map implementation and resolution of outstanding issues.
- Lead the month-end close process, ensuring complete financial reporting and timely submission of the month end templates to the Head Office.
- Manage monthly global attestation and reconciliation process for the Platform, ensuring compliance with Enterprise standards.
- Provide oversight and strategic direction for the control environment in the Platform, ensuring compliance with SOX and other audit requirements
- Act as the main contact within the Corporate Support Platform for global incentive programs (long term and short term bonus programs)
- Coordinate with various groups (FRR, FSS, Performance Management, other Financial Control groups) in order to ensure accurate external reporting, including MD&A, B/S, P&L, Note disclosures, regulatory reporting & supplemental formats
- Review accounting policy issues and liaise with Accounting Policy Group to determine appropriate accounting treatments.
- Act as a change agent within the team to provide recommendations for improving internal processes and enhancing the efficiency of month-end close
- Effectively manage and develop a team of finance professionals to foster a high performance culture
- Lead special projects as assigned by Senior Director, Corporate Support Financial Control
- MUST have an Accounting designation (CPA, CA)
- 5+ years in a Financial Control position
- Strong management capabilities
- A team player with strong communication skills that is able to work with multiple stakeholders
- Strategic thinker, with a process improvement mindset
Please apply with resume in Word format
Only those candidate legally eligible to work in Canada need apply
For more opportunities please go to www.fpinc.ca