Location: Hybrid (Downtown, Toronto)
Duration: 6 Months (with possible extension or conversion to full time employee)
Our client, a leading financial institution in Downtown Toronto is looking for a Bilingual Senior Compliance Analyst – French to work as part of the team providing French subject matter expertise on voice & eComms monitoring in the institute's GBM, liaising with internal and external stakeholders as required.The successful candidate will have the opportunity to work on a large-scale project with one of Canada’s top banks.
Typical Day in role:
- Help build the global enhancement of voice and e-communications controls and governance within GBM and establishes best practices for supervision (roll out of global training, new detection technology, coordination of global reviews of lexicons/scenarios/eligible employees for surveillance) while seeking input from multiple stakeholders. Foster an environment of collaboration and best practices with other SMEs within GBM.
- Proactively identify the various risks associated with the way GBM’s business communicates globally and take appropriate steps to ensure compliance with regulatory requirements in the areas in which the bank operates
- Identify and create global monitoring of supervisory activities for voice & eComms. Help to develop metrics that highlight the effectiveness of supervisory activities taking place.
- Liaise with senior management and other internal parties (audit/testing) regarding the development and implementation of new global supervision strategies.
- Participate in special projects within GBM and the Bank (Industry Working Groups).
- Minimum 5 to 7 years of related industry experience in a supervisory or senior compliance role
- Working knowledge of Securities law, regulations and trading rules
- Completion of relevant CSI or US securities exams would be beneficial
- Must be fluent in French
- Prior experience with Program design
Soft Skills Required:
- Strong Communication Skills
- Collaborative (team environment)
- Critical thinking skills
- Ability to work independently and adapt to project needs
- High attention to detail
- Post Secondary Degree in a related field or equivalent work experience
Finance professional is committed to creating an inclusive environment where all team members and clients feel like they belong. We seek applicants with a wide range of abilities and we provide an accessible candidate experience. We advocate for you and welcome anyone regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, physical or mental disability, or age.