Are you a Dynamic, detail-oriented and a reliable real estate finance professional, with strengths in building complex financial models and conducting in-depth financial and investment analysis? If you are, then this role is you you!.
As the Senior Investment Analyst, you will work on multiple exciting residential high rise, low rise development and Multi-family projects while gaining insight into the intricate operations and execution of these projects. Other responsibilities include the day-to-day duties of managing complex real estate models, monitoring project performance, planning and analyzing budgets as well as financial reporting to the executive team and partners.
- Assists with acquisitions, including analysis of the information memorandum, market research, preparation of pro forma financials and subsequent due diligence
- Ownership of the standard land development and multi-family pro forma financial model, continuous enhancements and maintenance
- Review overall project budgets , including initial pro forma financial models, on-going estimated cost-to-complete budgets and cash flow forecasts (including variance analysis), partner reporting packages, etc.
- Liaises with Development, Acquisitions, Finance, Construction, Sales & Marketing and Management Teams to ensure financial and non-financial inputs and assumptions are current and accurate
- Quarterly calculation and preparation of investor cash distributions, calculation of project IRR’s, preparation of investor capital calls and forecasting of future capital requirements
- Summarizing of various lenders’ key legal and commercial terms for upcoming acquisitions. Preparing, collecting and distributing due diligence items for lenders
- Develop a deep understanding of project structures such as capital stack, limited partnership and financing agreements
Education: Bachelor degree in real estate, finance, economics or another related field (MBA or CFA would be an asset).
Experience: 3 years of relevant work experience within the residential real estate development and multi-family industry.