Our banking client is looking for someone to join their Strategic Design team that is located in Toronto.
The ideal candidate will have strong design research skills, visual design sensibilities, and a proven record of creating exceptional experiences grounded in human-centred design best practices.
- Consulting: You will work closely with Venture teams as an internal expert on human-centred design and CX strategy. You will help guide teams as they conduct research and ideation across various different Ventures, and you will build credibility by adding value and helping to shape products towards the sweet spot of customer desirability, technical feasibility and business viability.
- Strategic Ideation (uncovering future opportunity areas): You will carve our future opportunities with Senior Venture leaders, and collaborate with cross-functional teams and stakeholders to plan the development of innovative ideas – leading research and strategy sprints that will uncover strategic and human-centred opportunity areas for future venture ideation.
- Facilitation: Lead the design and facilitation of workshops designed to support product visioning, ideation and other co-creative activities that bring cross-functional teams together towards a clear product direction. This may include half-day to multi-day design sprints to discover strategic solutions at the thematic, epic or user story levels.
- Research: Help to design, conduct and report on design research activities in an effort to uncover users’ tacit and latent needs. This may include quantitative and qualitative research with users, such as ethnographic research, concept testing, usability testing, surveys and desk research.
- Storytelling: Communicate research insights, knowledge and ideas through compelling narratives to inform product teams and key stakeholders of strategic product direction.
- Coordination of logistics and other administrative activities as it relates to design workshops, research and similar events.
- Participate in internal dialogue to advance the CX discipline; be an ambassador of user-centred design, delivering its value internally and externally.
- 1-3 years of design-related work experience.
- Degree in the social or behavioural sciences, information/visual/human-centred design, product design, digital futures or related field.
- Solid understanding and experience in solving problems and discovering opportunities using the design thinking process, mindsets and toolsets.
- Experience observing, interviewing, synthesizing data and summarizing findings/insights from qualitative research initiatives.
- Ability to imagine and design exceptional experiences and customer journeys.
- Desire to work through the entire human-centred design process
- Experience in creating compelling presentations with strong narratives using typical presentation software (PowerPoint, Keynote, Slides, etc.)
- Experience in working in agile / lean start-up environments, building digital products.
- The ability to work on multiple initiatives while keeping energies focused and organized.
- A “can-do” attitude with a desire to learn through each iterative design (just right is better than perfect).
Only those eligible to work in Canada may apply.