Our client, one of the Big Five Banks, is looking for a Business Systems Analyst for its team.
Analyze, design and implement data analytics solutions using company’s enterprise suite of analytics tools.
Assist with the development and execution of data analytics, data visualization and reporting implementation within the Internal Audit function in support of becoming an insight driven organization. Work with structured and unstructured data to further enable a risk-based audit approach and help identify impacts to the organization’s internal control environment leveraging automated and self-served capabilities.
Support the influence and impact across Internal Audit in promoting the analytics strategic direction.
Help develop and support the use of the Analytics Centre of Excellence policies, tools, and best practices across the enterprise.
Provide consulting services to our IA business partners on their information consumption and analytical needs.
- Data Curation & Statistics: Curate, prepare and wrangle data to test business hypotheses.
- Technology: Prepare and integrate large and varied datasets and implement statistical analysis using Python and R. Deploy production-scale solutions using a Data Lake Ecosystem, transforming analytics from single node architecture to parallel processing grid technology.
- Domain Knowledge: Use advanced business domain knowledge to lead the analytics process with business partners to identify requirements and expected outcomes.
- Communication & Visualization: Effectively communicate findings to business partners and executives. Leverage advanced visualization tools to create powerful representations of results. Enable data-driven insights to be translated into decisions and actions by telling a compelling story.
Qualifications & Skills
- Expert experience in data analytics cycle (data gathering, transformation, modeling, analytics, and reporting).
- 5+ years’ experience working as a Business / Technical Systems Analyst in a highly analytical environment.
- Expert experience working with Data Lake Hadoop technology.
- Experience working with Spark in-memory processing.
- Good grasp of data governance best practices.
- Strong knowledge and experience with traditional database technology (i.e. SQL) and a fundamental understanding of data flow and handling.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Expert technical documentation skills.
- Familiar with a range of data tools.
- Expert experience with complex visualization of data.
Additional Capabilities and Skills
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills (both written and verbal); ability to communicate with people in a wide variety of areas and at various levels from technical specialists to executives.
- Strong problem solving and analytical ability.
- Ability to quickly and efficiently adapt to new concepts.
- Ability to work collaborative with cross-function teams and business units.