Our client, one of Canada's big 5 banks is looking for a Team Lead, Global Banking Markets Onboarding to join asap for a 4 month+ contract to start.
Position: Team Lead
Hiring Manager: Senior Manager, GBM Onboarding
Location Address: First 90 days are on site due to confidential information. After 90 days position is WFH. 150 King Street W
Contract Duration: 07/05/21 – 10/31/21 – Require candidate ASAP
Number of Positions: 1
Schedule Hours: 9 AM – 5 PM
Business group: GBM Onboarding – Facilitate regulatory onboarding of GBM clients in an efficient, compliant, and client-centric manner and maintain reference databases with records and information
Project: GBM has a regulatory commitment to complete a remediation/refresh of counterparties by Sept 2021 (additional people needed)
Reason for request: A Periodic Refresh Team Lead is required to be added to the team overseen by GBM Onboarding (GBMO) to lead and manage a team of 5 Analysts to ensure Dodd-Frank periodic refresh requirements are met in all files produced by the execution team
Candidate Value Proposition: Working on a project with high degree of executive visibility and project that contributes to the bank top priorities.
Typical Day in Role:
– Lead the planning, coordination and execution of the Dodd-Frank periodic refresh pilot
– Oversee a team of 5 Analysts who are responsible for refreshing counterparties for Dodd-Frank requirements
– Communicate delivery timelines and set project expectations with the team and key stakeholders
– Organize and lead management of KPI reporting and metrics to senior management
– Provide project updates on a consistent basis to various stakeholders about strategy, adjustments, and progress
– Utilize industry best practices, techniques, and standards throughout entire project execution
– Any other duties as necessary
Candidate Requirements/Must Have Skills:
1) 4-5 years of experience of deep functional knowledge of KYC/OTC derivatives regulatory requirements to Capital Markets clients/entity onboarding and/or review.
2) 1-2 years of experience of project management and governance experience with the proven ability to develop project plans and drive a diverse group of stakeholders to identify and achieve milestones within deadlines
3) 1-2 years of experience as a people manager or team lead in a similar high priority project preferred (capital markets or financial services) industry knowledge
4) Skilled with Microsoft Office – Excel/PowerPoint
Nice to have skills:
1) Experience with Fenergo (case management tool) Strongly preferred
Soft Skills Required:
1) Strong stakeholder management and time management skills
2) Ability to work in a multi-tasking environment. Exposure to tight timelines and project rollouts
3) Ability to achieve project objectives without compromising on controls and risk parameters established
4) Interest in project/change management
Education: Bachelor's degree business, economics, finance, or related field.
Certifications: PMP (nice to have), ACAMS (nice to have)
Please apply with resume in Word format.
We specialize in the recruitment of high performing, talented, Accounting, Finance, and Project Professionals who are being sought after by top tier companies for permanent, contract and project opportunities in Banking, Finance and Accounting. As a relationship first company, we build win-win partnerships with the candidates and companies we work with. Our focus is to make sure that we get it right the first time saving you time, money and energy during the search process. As your trusted recruitment advisor, we work hard to ensure that you have the very best experience in your search.
We will review any accommodation put forward by candidates as our clients will do the same.