Our client, one of the Greater Toronto Area's most recognized Real Estate Developers, is need of a qualified Accounting professional. Joining the team in the capacity of a Sr. Project Accountant, you will be directly involved in some of the most innovating, well financed, and backed Real Estate Development initiatives the area has to offer. You will be required to complete tasks in areas such as Project Budgeting, Managing Draw Cycles, and preparing Closing Statements for state of the art community development projects.
- Ensure accurate payment/draw cycles, regular updates to project budget, and maintain accurate budget coding
- Coordinate payment draw schedule to maintain standard processing times
- Prepare various Project funding draws
- Update and maintain all project budgets within ERP to ensure accurate data interface between accounting software and ERP
- Work closely with Construction Project managers to ensure coding accuracy and in accordance with budgets.
- Work with various departments in the preparation of each Project’s closing site record supporting each unit closing statement
- Work with Project Accounting Manager to complete each Project’s budgeted cost, unit allocations and cost recognition
- Ad-hoc duties as required
- 7+ years of experience as a Project Accountant in the residential real estate development industry required
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Business Administration
- Advanced Excel skills
- Sage300/SAP/ORACLE (or equivalent) and Procore (or equivalent)
- Preference to candidates possessing their CPA (or pursuing) or MBA/MA
**Please note: due to a high volume of applicants, only those chosen who best match the skills and experience will be contacted.