Senior Sybase DBA
Our Technology client is looking for a Sybase Database Administrator for a 12 month contract with an opportunity to extend or convert. Focus will be on Murex/Trading platform or Capital Markets/ Financial Industry experience.
(This position can be on site or remote. Only those with Canadian Citizenship, Permanent Residency, or Valid work permit are eligible.)
Senior Sybase DBA required to maintain, tune and ensure daily performance of Sybase for a banking client based in Vancouver and open to working EST time.
Project is part of a Murex trading system upgrade and future move to Azure.
Murex/exposure to other trading systems is preferable
You’ll be needed to build out and maintain Sybase infrastructure including fresh installs and refactoring for performance tuning and set up and maintain replication using log shipping.
- Strong Database management skills, including backup and recovery procedures
- Provide support, implementation, and troubleshooting with Sybase servers.
- Experience in Sybase Replication Server.
- Strong Sybase ASE knowledge with good troubleshooting and performance tuning skills
- Should be able to troubleshoot and resolve production Sybase ASE Server and Sybase Replication Server problems
- Skillful in database performance and tuning, monitoring tools and tuning stored procedures
- Knowledge of Financial Applications and should have worked closely with financial application teams
- Experience with Automation / Configuration Management tools like Salt or Ansible is preferred.
- One or more script and/or development language with DBA Automation
- Proficient in managing code in code repositories like Git/Git Lab
- Experience in writing stored procedures and scripting
- Unix/Linux batch (bash) file scripting
Thank you for your interest. Please apply with resume. Only select qualified applicants meeting the minimum requirements will be called to discuss qualifications and next steps with a Recruiter.