Our client, a large property manager, is in need of a senior property accountant join their team! Currently, the company has been successful in implementing a new operational process and needs technically strong accountants and out of the box thinkers to manage a portfolio of Commercial and Industrial assets. Working directly with the managers and controllers, the chosen candidate(s) will manage the entire Property Accounting cycle and assist in the continued development of accounting processes to each individual portfolio.
- Adjustment preparation of journal entries for accruals & leasing, general ledgers review, and working papers
- Prepare and review financial reports
- Review payables, receivables, bad debt provisions, bank reconciliations, etc.
- Preparation of Monthly Reporting and other financial information as required to internal and external stakeholders
- Manage the year end audit working files and with audit queries
- Perform variance analysis where required
- Ad hoc duties as required
- University degree in Accounting or actively enrolled in the CPA program
- Minimum of 2 years of progressive property accounting/accounting experience (Commercial/Retail Accounting experience is considered an asset)
- Demonstrated ability to meet deadlines
- Systems experience: MS Excel (Advanced User, no macros), Yardi 7s, JDE, Sage, or equivalent knowledge
**Please Note: Due to a high volume of applicants, only those who most closely match the job requirements/qualifications will be contacted**