Location: Hybrid (Downtown, Toronto)
Duration: 9 months (Possibility for an extension)
Our client, a leading financial institution in Downtown Toronto is looking for a Senior Project Manager to work with Infrastructure teams, Interfacing business groups and their Application development domains. The successful candidate will have an ability to organize people and information to create the needed structure for effective delivery.
Typical Day in role:
- Work will require partnership and collaboration across GCS and Bank with security engineers, product vendors, architects, Bank's enterprise technology/Infrastructure groups and Bank's business teams
- PM to lead and bring the technical team and partners together and manage activities based on their priorities, provide overall schedule management, conduct internal/external project reporting, communication and coordination
- Help team complete planning phase, identification of the product with identified vendors, complete requirements, architecture, PAR/finance, procurement, SRMA (Supplier Risk management Assessment), IRP (integrated risk profile), manage work by team to customize/rewrite necessary logic, conduct pilot, create schedule and communication and impediments removal to implement new tools in the application development ecosystem for the Bank
- PM will be also expected to do project reporting, completion of artifacts per Bank's enterprise governance standards
- Management for the project budget, tracking monthly forecast, actuals and finance reporting etc.
- To be successful, the candidate must have the drive and ability to understand the High-level technologies involved and be able to follow technical discussions, connect interdependencies and learn on the fly
- Skilled in working with the team to triage, prioritize and maintain team activities in a fast paced environment
- Looking for an excellent communicator, who is great at understanding the big picture (overall technical solution, timelines, and priorities) while paying attention to the details (E.g. diligence in capturing and managing discussions/minutes) to track and coordinate activities, facilitate meetings, gather project requirements, build and maintain project schedule, identify and manage team roles and responsibilities
- Must be excellent at maintaining and tracking project decisions, action items, technical issues/risks, assumptions, constraints etc.
- 5 years minimum PM experience
- 3 to 5 years Chartered Banking/Financial Industry Experience
- Expert in Agile Project Management with 3 to 5 years running Agile projects
- Experience managing Application security initiatives
- Bachelor’s degree
Finance professional is committed to creating an inclusive environment where all team members and clients feel like they belong. We seek applicants with a wide range of abilities and we provide an accessible candidate experience. We advocate for you and welcome anyone regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, physical or mental disability, or age.