Our client is an established and progressive land use planning and urban design firm, serving public and private sector clients for 40 years throughout the Greater Toronto Area. They engage on a variety of scales to implement a diverse project portfolio. As a result of their continued growth, they are seeking the addition of a Senior Land Use Planner.
Their urban planners work on large collections of diverse projects ranging from urban infill to master plans to various site-specific applications. Successful candidates will collaborate with internal and sub-consultant teams as well as developers, builders, stakeholders, and residents to obtain various land use planning approvals throughout (and beyond) the Province of Ontario. As a senior level planner, you will lead projects and teams, mentor staff, and contribute to the future success of the firm.
The candidate’s main responsibilities will include, but will not be limited to:
- Lead projects with strategic thinking, project management, and problem-solving skills to achieve optimal results;
- Provide guidance to staff with mentorship focus;
- Conduct interviews, performance reviews, and internal learning sessions (when appropriate);
- Possess strong ability to communicate effectively, both written and oral, with all levels of staff (internal and external), members of council, and the public;
- Manage planning and development concerns at the Local Planning Appeal Tribunal (LPAT) and similar land use tribunal hearings;
- Bachelor’s degree with a specific focus in Planning and Land Development (Graduate degree would be an asset);
- Thorough knowledge of the Ontario Planning Legislation, system, and municipal processes;
- Registered Professional Planner (RPP) designation / full membership status in OPPI;
- Minimum 5 years of planning (or related) experience;
- Valid G-class driver’s license with daily access to a vehicle.
**Please Note: Due to a high volume of applicants, only those who most closely match the job requirements/qualifications will be contacted