Our client, a leading Bank in Canada is looking for a Senior Manager to join their Corporate Support Financial Control team. Reporting to the Senior Director, you will work with finance and non-finance teams across the organization to ensure successful migration and integration of a potential acquisition, ensuing strong control environment exists from day 1.
Using your track record of accounting & advisory, working on complex projects and organizational skills, you will effectively communicate, influence and support business partners throughout the transition.
- Support the Senior Director, Corporate Support Financial Control in executing migration and integration activities for the CFO Group Financial Control workstream. In addition to this, assist with Corporate Support Financial Control integration activities as required.
- For assigned sub-workstreams, work across each individual group to understand and develop the overall project timeline, understand all accounting and implementation issues, while ensuring that the overall plans are complete at the enterprise level.
- Identify issues and help to resolve, coming up with recommendations and innovative solutions.
- Ensure controls and sustainable processes are at the heart of the integration, ensuring that we can have an accurate, secure, and complete migration and integration.
- Analyze various complex accounting topics related to purchase price accounting. This will require working closely with the Accounting Policy Group to ensure compliance with IFRS accounting standards.
- Relationships are key to success in this role. You will be working across multiple finance, business and functional teams and need to develop relationships with each group. Key relationships include Strategic Initiatives and Change Management, Accounting Policy Group, Enterprise Finance, Personal and Commercial Banking Finance, Capital Markets Finance, Wealth Management Finance, Corporate Treasury, Performance Management, Finance Shared Services, Finance IT, Product IT, GRM, FRIDA, Operations.
- Participate in other ad-hoc migration and integration activities as directed by Senior Director, CS Financial Control.
- MUST have an accounting designation (CPA, CA)
- 5-10 years accounting and finance related experience
- Experience working on complex projects with numerous interdependencies
- Good understanding of IFRS accounting policy. Prior knowledge of IFRS 3, IFRS 13, IFRS 16 and IAS 16 an asset
- Excellent written and verbal communication, ability to synthesize complex issues and recommend solutions
Please apply with resume in Word format
Only those candidate legally eligible to work in Canada need apply
For more opportunities please go to www.fpinc.ca