A fantastic opportunity to join a forward-thinking and results-focused Chief Accountant’s Group as Senior Manager within a Big 5 Bank. You will be part of a collaborative team culture in the Accounting Policy function, a critical role providing insights & advice on complex accounting issues across the organization.
As the Senior Manager, Accounting Policy you will lead the credit disclosures in the MD&A, Earnings Release and Financial statements in partnership with Group Risk Management (GRM). You will also review and draft other quarterly and annual financial statements and notes to shareholders.
- Key member of the team in managing the preparation and delivery of annual and quarterly external financial reporting deliverables
- Work with Investor Relations team and other key stakeholders to assist in the preparation and review of the credit risk and related sections of the quarterly Earnings Release, analyst slides and investor call speeches
- Support delivery of best in class disclosures through benchmarking and effective partnering with key stakeholders:
- Foster team-building, trust and cross-functional efficiencies through effective collaboration with key contributors such as Group Risk Management, External Reporting, Financial & Regulatory Reporting, and Reporting Shared Services
- Assess and evaluate the impact of new disclosure or regulatory requirements, and support advocacy efforts through industry associations where applicable (i.e. Canadian Bankers Association)
- Review and provide advice on complex accounting issues and transactions and work with key stakeholders to ensure conclusions are consistent with our Corporate Accounting Policies and clearly documented, and that impacts are communicated to senior finance executives clearly and concisely
- Review and draft certain quarterly and annual note disclosures, working with key stakeholders to ensure the accuracy of our disclosures
- Contribute to a collaborative, team-first environment
- Complete Auditor Independence activities in partnership with HR, and other business partners on an as needed basis.
- Bring your unique perspective and curiosity to set ambitious goals and drive process improvement initiatives to challenge the status quo
- CPA, CA or equivalent
- Working experience in a financial services and/or accounting policy or similar role, with a strong technical background in IFRS and financial disclosure
- Strong financial & analytical skillset with ability to meet multiple deliverables
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including ability to communicate effectively to executives
- Self-starter with a curiosity to learn new ways to do things, willingness to challenge the status quo, and ability to drive process improvements and efficiencies
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy
- Working knowledge of US GAAP is desirable
Please apply with resume in Word format.
Those candidates legally eligible to work in Canada, need apply.
For more opportunities, please go to www.fpinc.ca