A fantastic opportunity to join a forward-thinking and results-focused Chief Accountant’s Group as Senior Manager within a Big 5 Bank. You will be part of a collaborative team culture in the Accounting Policy function, a critical role providing insights & advice on complex accounting issues across the organization.
As the Senior Manager, Accounting Policy you will assist stakeholders across enterprise functions and business platforms with understanding and applying IFRS & US GAAP and being responsible for helping the Accounting Policy Team develop, disseminate and maintain corporate accounting policies. You will also review and draft other quarterly and annual financial statements and notes to shareholders.
- Provide accounting advisory services to internal stakeholders across the Bank by advising on complex accounting issues and business unit transactions, including special projects, and working with key stakeholders to ensure conclusions are consistent with our corporate accounting policies.
- Develop and maintain corporate accounting policies in accordance with IFRS and U.S GAAP.
- Support or lead project work to ensure the impact of new and amended accounting standards is well understood by stakeholders across the Bank, fully communicated to affected business units and senior finance executives and well documented to support Accounting Policy Group’s conclusion
- Shape future accounting and disclosure requirements by supporting advocacy efforts on accounting-related issues, including providing comments on new Discussion Papers or Exposure Drafts issued by accounting and regulatory bodies.
- Liaise with the external and internal auditors on financial accounting and reporting policy issues, as needed.
- Review and draft certain quarterly and annual note disclosures, working with key stakeholders to ensure the accuracy of our disclosures including compliance with our corporate accounting policies
- Contribute to a collaborative, team-first environment and bring your unique perspective and curiosity to set ambitious goals and drive process improvement initiatives to challenge the status quo
- CPA, CA or equivalent
- Working experience in a financial services and/or accounting policy or similar role, with a strong technical background in IFRS and financial disclosure
- Strong financial & analytical skillset with ability to meet multiple deliverables
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including ability to communicate effectively to executives
- Curiosity to learn new ways to do things, willingness to challenge the status quo, and ability to drive process improvements and efficiencies
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy
- Working knowledge of US GAAP is desirable
Please apply with resume in Word format.
Those candidates legally eligible to work in Canada, need apply.
For more opportunities, please go to www.fpinc.ca