Our client, one of the Greater Toronto Areas most recognized Real Estate Developers, is need of a qualified Land Development professional. Joining the team in the capacity of Sr. Development Associate or Assistant Development Manager (experience dependant), you will be directly involved in some of the most innovating, well financed, and backed Real Estate Development companies the area has to offer. You will be required to complete tasks in areas such as project management, project design, and project completion for state of the art communities from end to end.
- Complete due diligence and feasibility study for new development land acquisition ventures
- Ensure property searches are completed fully and detailed including but not limited to: Regional & Municipal zoning plans are accurate, guidelines of urban design, decisions from the OMB, dedications to parklands, etc.
- Review adjacent development applications and approvals. Assist in making informed decisions that will help the management team to acquire properties
- Aid in the new communities design and plan by coordinating with Architects and other internal/external consultants
- Assist in the creation and tracking of the master project schedule. Ensure monthly budgets are accurate for billing & progress on a monthly basis
- Work with internal team members in Marketing, Sales, Construction and Finance to execute on projects from inception to completion
- Monitor and stay current on industry related issues
- Aid Development Manager with ad hoc tasks including but not limited to: site visits & meetings, review/analyze consultant proposals, Project schedule (development, monitoring, and updating), agreement negotiation, municipal zoning approval process, development application process, field inspections, etc
Skills and Qualifications:
- 4 years+ experience in land development and approvals
- Must have a bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering or Planning/Urban Design or equivalent
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office suite including MS project, (AutoCAD is preferred)
- A valid G driver’s license, access to a vehicle and the ability to travel to various office locations
Nice to Have Skills
- Professional designation of MCIP, RPP, P. Eng
- PMP designation
- Experience with Lean Management process
- Possess knowledge of the following:
- Ontario Municipal planning process
- Technical plans and reports
- Land acquisition process
- Lot grading and site servicing for both greenfield and urban developments
- Contract administration for infrastructure projects.
Why You’ll Love Working Here:
- You’ll wear multiple hats and get hands on experience with all aspects of your team’s projects
- We champion Ownership – from your first day you will be involved in shaping the direction of growth
- Continuous development through education reimbursements and professional development offerings
- Health benefits and personal health spending account
*Please note: due to a high volume of applicants, only those chosen who best match the skills and experience will be contacted.