(6 Month Contract)
Our Toronto Client located near Lakeshore and 427/Brown's line is currently looking for an Accountant for a 6 month contract.to assist their Finance Team. You will be responsible for the preparation of financial reporting supporting data collection processes, working paper preparation, reconciliation of variances and resolution of issues identified within specific accounts.
The Senior Accountant is responsible for the preparation of financial reporting within Wakefield. The responsibility includes management of all data collection processes, reconciliation of variances, resolution of issues identified within specific accounts.
- Perform month-end close and journal entry preparation.
- Prepare and maintain balance sheet reconciliations, ensuring assigned assets and liabilities are fairly stated.
- Prepare financial statement working papers, analysis, and commentary.
- Proactively identify opportunities for operational efficiencies and business enhancements through analysis and other business insights.
- Proactively coordinate assigned aspects of financial reporting, developing a sound understanding of overall business operations, underlying areas of GAAP, and budget assumptions, ensuring results are fairly stated and can be clearly explained.
- Responsible for the development of efficient, effective processes and supporting systems to capture and report on assigned Wakefield financial information.
- Prepare variance analysis (actual vs. budget and actual vs. forecast) and coordinate investigation and resolution into discrepancies with appropriate department managers.
- Develop and deliver accurate and timely internal financial and performance reports based on business requirements to support effective departmental management and ensure responsible fiscal management.
- Develop and deliver external financial reports based on external stakeholder requirements (government, bank, other stakeholders, etc.).
- Actively partner with business units to understand reporting requirements and ongoing business activities, insight used to adjust financial reporting/analysis to meet changing business needs, while ensuring the optimal accounting for each business activity
- Proactively identify trends and challenges before they occur, recommending solutions and then implementing them.
- Build and maintain trust-based external stakeholder relations
- Provide back-up for team members and General Accounting Supervisor as required for vacation periods or absences.
- Subject matter expert in all aspects of assigned accountabilities, ability to synthesize a detailed understanding of the issues/results into a concise message for management.
- Strong multi-tasking and prioritizing abilities to meet time-sensitive deadlines and fluctuating work demands.
- Ability to anticipate problems and proactively resolve situations before they become larger-scale issues.
- Superior written and verbal communication skills with the ability to clearly communicate complex concepts or information.
- Detail-oriented and display a high degree of accuracy.
- Professional attitude together with a drive to get things done through collaboration and teamwork.
- Flexible and able to make independent decisions quickly.
- High aptitude for learning new concepts and staying current in an ever-changing environment.
- Ability to understand business operations and demonstrate value through partnerships within the organization.
Education / Experience:
- College Diploma or University Degree in Business Administration, Commerce or a related discipline with an accounting designation or designation in progress (CA, CMA, CGA, CPA).
- 5 – 7 years accounting experience with at least 2 to 4 years strong financial reporting experience.
*this position is onsite*. Employees must adhere to proper Municipal, Provincial and Federal Covid19 guidelines.