One of our clients is looking for a Full-Cycle Accountant. Someone with demonstrated full-cycle accounting experience, ability to handle multiple books, familiar with multi currency accounting and revenue recognition.
Contract is ASAP until October 31st.
This is a Remote Work opportunity.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Perform reconciliations of all cash clearing accounts; cheques, ACH, and credit cards
- Prepare reconciliations of various general ledger accounts
- Reconciles intercompany balances
- Responsible to post journal entries to subsidiary and general ledger accounts; run trial balances; prepare statements. Sources and verifies a variety of related documents in support of this activity.
- Process accounts payable (approval routing, coding, payment processing)
- Solid knowledge of billing system
- Perform reconciliation of company credit card
- Produce and analyze monthly P&L trending reports
- Ensure the timely and accurate monthly, quarterly & yearend close
- Ensure the timely yearend audits in collaboration with external audit teams
- Process month end journal entries, not limited to accrued liabilities, general ledger, treasury, revenue and expenditures
- Maintain accounting controls and provide enhancements to those controls
- Guides other departments by researching & interpreting accounting policies;
- Applying observations and recommendations to operational issues
- Collaborate with Corporate Shared Services to support overall business unit goals and objectives
- Support budget and forecast activities
- Support Controller with acquisition integration, workflow process improvements and special
- generate depreciation schedule when required
- calculate and post manual depreciation if required
- projects: ERP Implementation
Required Skills and Qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree (or equivalent experience) in Finance or Accounting
- 4-7 years' experience in Professional Accounting
- Accounting designation CPA, CGA, CMA, ACA, ACCA, OR similar strongly preferred.
- Experience in a professional accountancy is desirable as well as hands on experience with transactional activities (Payroll/AR/AP).
- Strong knowledge of financial principles, practices, tactics and tools and prevailing professional
- standards (GAAP, IFRS).
- Strong writing, communication and presentation skills.
- Strong Excel skills (pivot tables, lookups etc.)
- Demonstrated use with SAP, Oracle or PeopleSoft (SAP is preferred)
- Demonstrates high level of attention to detail and think outside the box.
Please note due to the nature of this being a Contract, the candidate must be able to start within approximately 2 weeks notice and be legally entitled to work in Canada with Canadian Citizenship, Permanent Residency, or a valid work permit that extends beyond the length of the contract.
Thank you for your interest. Please apply with resume. Select qualified candidates will be called for an interview with a recruiter to discuss experience and next steps.