Project Manager – Regulatory Initiative – BNSJP00018213
Department: Regulatory Initiatives Group
Location Address: 150 King Street W
Contract Duration: 3/8/21 – 12/31/21 – 8 months+
Schedule Hours: 9 AM – 5 PM
Story Behind the Need
Business group: Regulatory and Business Initiatives – Group is responsible for implementing regulatory changes and managing large regulatory & business initiatives.
Project: Benchmark Rate Reform is an enterprise wide program and covers business units like Wholesale Banking, Treasury, Canadian Banking, International Banking and Wealth management. Each of these segments have a dedicated project manager, who manage workstream level plans. New role will work as an integrator and provide program level view, milestones summary and help manage key risk & issues including their mitigation plans.
Reason for request: Project – This role will directly report to Head of Delivery, who manages several large global projects.
Candidate Value Proposition: The selected candidate will have the exposure to a massive project which is currently a big initiative for all banks. This role is for an individual contributor and very high visibility role.
Typical Day in Role:
– This PM will work with various workstream Project Managers (PM of other segments do not report to this role) organize working groups, convey program level milestones / regulatory update, and takes detailed feedback on status of their deliveries. This role must be able to rationalize milestones and tasks for other PMs and advise them best practices in a collaborative way.
– PM will also prepare materials for steering committee which is attended by very senior level executives of the bank and participate in several meetings with other teams of the program, primarily on the business side. PM will run various working groups independently.
Candidate Requirements/Must Have Skills:
1) Solid understanding of Capital Market products (Derivatives) – 5 years plus experience managing capital market projects independently. This role requires very seasoned project manager who will be exposed to variety of challenges related to executive communication, scope definition , regulatory guidance and people management on a regular basis.
2) Excellent Written & Verbal Communication skills. Ability to summarize and communicate the program update to senior executives.
3) Experience/Ability to collaborate with several other work stream Project Managers (who do not report to this position) and review their status report and manage overall reporting for the program.
1) Deep understanding of LIBOR replacement (Alternate Reference rate, Industry & Regulatory guidance, Fallback implementation)
2) Experience running large regulatory program independently.
Soft Skills Required:
1. Independent contributor, can work on their own (not relying on team) – understand scope, make decisions, create project plan, manage rate log individually.
– Bachelor’s degree in finance or a related field required.
Please apply with resume in Word format.
We specialize in the recruitment of high performing, talented, Accounting, Finance, and Project Professionals who are being sought after by top tier companies for permanent, contract and project opportunities in Banking, Finance and Accounting. As a relationship first company, we build win-win partnerships with the candidates and companies we work with. Our focus is to make sure that we get it right the first time saving you time, money and energy during the search process. As your trusted recruitment advisor, we work hard to ensure that you have the very best experience in your search.