Our Technology client is looking for a Qlikview Developer for a 12 month contract with an opportunity to extend or convert. Focus will be on Capital Markets or Financial Industry experience.
(This position can be on site or remote. Only those with Canadian Citizenship, Permanent Residency, or Valid work permit are eligible.)
Responsible for the design and development of highly customized QlikView applications for a Financial Industry Client.
These applications use very large amounts of data and therefore require in depth optimization skills to ensure excellent performance. Applications require extensive and complex set analysis logic as well as creativity to meet the users’ exacting requirements.
This role will also be required to gather client requirements and write technical BI requirements.
Other responsibilities will include data analysis, requiring strong SQL skills to analyze the quality of the source data to ensure correct modeling and ETL work.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Serves as liaison between end-user organizations and technical team
- Interviews end users to determine requirements for data, reports, analyses, metadata, training, service levels, data quality and performance
- Clearly define and document end user requirements
- Ability to develop reporting solutions utilizing QlikView
- Provide design advice and user interface advice for optimum performance
- Design and build reports for customer distribution
- Strong data analysis and problem solving skills
- Ability to use SQL to analyze source data
- Ability to use SQL to test/verify the ETL work
- Respond to client requests and inquiries, as appropriate
- Adhere to methodology and process standards
- Murex/trading platform experience is a plus
- Prizm experience is a plus
- Solid experience developing complex QlikView data models
- Experience in developing QlikView extension objects
- Experience in performance tuning of QlikView server, publisher and data loads
- Experience in clustering and scaling QlikView environments
- Utilizing scripting language to meet complex requirements
- Utilizing QlikView Publisher capabilities
- Extract, transform and load data from multiple data sources into the QlikView application
- Design, build, test and debug QlikView solutions based upon specified requirements
- Ability to tune data loads and QlikView application for efficient performance
- QlikView Developer certification (nice to have)
Compensation: 75-85/hr inc based on experience
Thank you for your interest. Please apply with resume. Only select qualified applicants meeting the minimum requirements will be called to discuss qualifications and next steps with a Recruiter.