Our client, based in the west end of Toronto, is seeking an experienced Project Accountant to join their growing team. The candidate will report to the Controller and support the CFO.
- Manage day-to-day project accounting duties through all phases
- Perform complete accounting cycle duties including draw requests and the preparation of financial statements
- Manage reporting and analysis of all financial statements for month, quarter and yearly reporting
- Adhere to project budget timelines, schedules, and cycles ensuring accurate reporting and coding with project managers
- Prepare year-end working papers and liaison with external auditors to complete the year-end files;
- Ad-hoc duties as required
Skill and Qualifications
- 6+ years accounting experience in a construction, real estate development, building environment
- University or College Degree in Accounting or Finance
- Thorough understanding of Constellation Newstar Project Management Software
- A positive and enthusiastic attitude!
**Please Note: Due to a high volume of applicants, only candidates who closely match the requirements will be contacted**