A great opportunity to join a Big 5 Bank as a Manager, Asset Servicing, Corporate Actions in Toronto. You will be managing the Voluntary Corporate Actions processing unit, ensuring a high degree of accuracy and controlling risk.
- Operating independently, identifying and resolving issues with minimal oversight. Capable and comfortable operating within tight deadlines, able to make quick decisions, and able to quickly learn about the business/issues, without necessarily having any prior direct experience with the subject matter.
- Champions a customer focused culture to deepen client relationships and leverage broader Bank relationships, systems and knowledge.
- Promote a high-performance and inclusive work environment, demonstrating strong leadership and interpersonal skills, capable of managing and leading a team.
- Champions a culture of continuous operational improvement by independently resolving highly complex, multi-faceted problems to meet the business needs with a specific focus on creating tangible / measurable operational efficiencies. This involves opportunity identification, preparing proposals, defining business requirements and processes, developing, testing, conversion and implementation strategies, developing detailed project plans, monitoring progress against planned objectives, and securing consensus and co-operations from users and senior management.
- Performing daily operational activities in support of corporate action voluntary and mandatory events; Leading daily team Huddles, approving voluntary / mandatory payments, double checking work, researching complex events, ensuring team has processed all payments daily, providing oversight on reconciliation items tagged to the team and escalating issues immediately.
- Documenting SOP’s and providing support to Management team on policy and procedure changes within the team.
- Actively pursues effective and efficient operations of their respective areas, while ensuring the adequacy, adherence to and effectiveness of day-to-day business controls to meet obligations: risk, regulatory compliance risk, AML/ATF risk and conduct risk
- MUST have experience processing Voluntary Corporate Actions
- 5+ years operations experience in capital markets, finance and banking and process improvement/solution implementation
- Previous people management an asset
- Excellent verbal & written communication skills with the ability to negotiate and influence across different departments
- Demonstrated knowledge of analytical problem solving and process engineering techniques i.e. process mapping and analysis
- Technical abilities and basic software principles (SQL, VBA, Access, Excel preferred)
To Apply: Please apply with resume in Word format now to firstname.lastname@example.org
*Please note: due to a high volume of applicants, only those chosen who best match the skills and experience will be contacted.
Those candidates currently located and legally eligible to work in Canada, need apply.