This is an excellent opportunity for an experienced Capital Markets professional with a strong background within Product Control, P&L, and Market Risk to join one of the leading financial institutions in downtown Toronto. Our client is looking for a Manager, Group Treasury to join their team, to be responsible for production of P&L to the front office, and accounting support for a number of books.
- Produce, report and validate daily P&L through risk based attribution.
- Ensuring the reconciliation of daily reported P&L to Front Office estimates and to the Bank’s General Ledger and sub ledgers.
- Provide P&L by risk factors to trading desk, risk management and finance, providing a clear understand of underlying drivers
- Escalate and resolve breaks, substantiating balance sheet accounts.
- Produce, review and analyse IPV, Reserves and Fair Value Adjustments.
- Orchestrate and complete the Month-End Close Sign-off and MIS Package.
- Utilize risk analytics to confirm and reconcile closing market risk positions.
- An understanding of the Treasury function and Structured Finance products, derivatives, cash products.
- Hands-on experience in Product Control (alternatively, Middle Office or Finance) supporting a Capital Markets environment.
- Experience with P&L construction and risk attribution, capital markets accounting, balance sheet substantiation and IPV process.
- Expert knowledge of Balance Sheet control and a solid understanding of Bank accounting policies
- Business Degree focused on Finance and Accounting and/ or Risk Analytics. A professional accounting designation is preferred.
- A CFA or FRM will also be an asset.
- Proficiency with Excel and VBA coding
- Strong communication skills and the ability to interact with a demanding Front-Office client base.
Please apply with resume in Word format.
For more opportunities, please go to www.fpinc.ca
We specialize in finding high performing, talented Accounting & Finance Professionals who are being sought after by top tier companies across Canada for permanent, contract and project opportunities. As a relationship first company, we build win-win partnerships with the candidates and companies we work with. Our focus is to make sure that we get it right the first time saving you time, money and energy during the process. As your trusted advisor, we work hard to ensure that you have the very best experience in your search.