This is an excellent opportunity for an experienced Capital Markets professional with a strong background within FX Confirmations and Change Management to join one of the leading financial institutions in downtown Toronto. Our client is looking for a Manager to join their FX Confirmations team responsible for ensuring trades are booked correctly by affirming trades with counterparties, negotiate and execute confirmations, and to reconcile the bank’s positions to external affirmation/confirmation platforms and to Central Counterparty Clearing Houses (CCPs).
You will be managing day to day operations, staff development, performance management, continuous improvement of processes and controls, strategic use of technology, as well as the proactive identification and incorporation of changes required to support new regulations, changing business needs, and senior management’s strategies and goals.
As Manager, you will coordinate work items and projects, manage relationships with external trade counterparties and internal partners including the Front Office (FO), Operations, Technology, Legal Counsel, Risk Management and Compliance, both locally and internationally.
- Ensure a high degree of processing accuracy, training and supervising staff so trades are confirmed accurately and in a timely manner.
- Manage risks inherent in the trade confirmation process are identified, monitored and controlled, ensuring trades are recognised by trade counterparties, terms of transactions are matched and breaks are identified, review and approve trade confirmations in accordance with Bank policy and regulations.
- Delivery of high-quality customer service; developing and maintaining relationships at both operations staff and management levels, understanding their needs, providing effective escalations and issue resolution.
- Initiate and/or manage operational, regulatory and technology change initiatives. Identify and implement opportunities for improvement in controls, customer service, productivity, and cost effectiveness.
- Be aware of regulatory, industry and internal initiatives in order to forecast and prepare for the impact on the unit.
- Initiate process, control, customer service and technology improvements, conducting business analysis, designing solutions and defining operational and technology requirements
- Lead and manage change initiatives, ensuring buy in from staff and coordinating with stakeholders and project teams.
- Manage and develop staff to ensure efficient operations, high quality of work, attainment of objectives and high calibre of employees
- Set goals and performance expectations, provide ongoing performance feedback, training and support, conduct annual performance reviews and develop succession plans within the team
- Strong leadership, coaching and managerial capabilities
- Expert knowledge of FX confirmation process.
- Passion and track record of excellence in improving processes, productivity, controls and customer service
- Strong technology, automation, and process reengineering skills
- Excellent interpersonal and relationship building skills
- Effective oral and written communication, presentation, and documentation skills
- Accurate and detail oriented with an analytical mind and the ability to detect, articulate, and effectively escalate and resolve issues with urgency
- University degree in Engineering, Business, Law or other relevant backgrounds
Please apply with resume in Word format.
Those candidates legally eligible to work in Canada, need apply.
For more opportunities, please go to www.fpinc.ca