This is an exciting opportunity for a new CA, CPA to join one of the leading Financial Institutions as Manager, Financial Control. You will play a leading part of the Corporate Support Finance team, ensuring controls and processes are in place to support balance sheet and income statement, and provide accounting advice on transactions as they arise.
- Ensuring the provision of accurate and complete financial and regulatory reporting.
- Reviewing reconciliations and standards of documentation packages substantiating the month end balances and ensuring the month end General Ledger Attestations are completed accurately.
- Coordinating with various groups to ensure accurate external reporting.
- Reviewing accounting policy issues and determine appropriate accounting treatments; keep abreast of new accounting developments
- Performing review of global financial control policies including SOX & End User Control compliance.
- Adhoc requests as required e.g. implementing new controls where possible.
- Must have Accounting designation (1-2 yrs of CPA preferred)
- Experience applying accounting standards and identifying and resolving control issues – working knowledge of IFRS 15 & IAS 38
- Team player with strong communication skills, with the ability to work independently and multi-task
- Strong Excel and PowerPoint skills
Please apply with resume in Word format.
For more opportunities, please go to www.fpinc.ca
We specialize in finding high performing, talented Accounting & Finance Professionals who are being sought after by top tier companies across Canada for permanent, contract and project opportunities. As a relationship first company, we build win-win partnerships with the candidates and companies we work with. Our focus is to make sure that we get it right the first time saving you time, money and energy during the process. As your trusted advisor, we work hard to ensure that you have the very best experience in your search.