This is a challenging key role within the Corporate Support Finance, Financial Control team at a major Financial Institution. You will be a leading part of the team that ensures that appropriate controls and processes are in place to support the accuracy and completeness of the Corporate Support balance sheet and income statement, and provide accounting interpretation, guidance and advice on transactions as they arise.
- Ensuring the provision of accurate and complete financial and regulatory reporting for a subset of groups within Corporate Support
- Reviewing reconciliations and standards of documentation packages to assess the sufficiency of source documentation and controls substantiating the month end balances and ensuring the month end General Ledger Attestations are completed accurately
- Coordinating with various groups to ensure accurate external reporting, including MD&A, B/S, P&L, Note disclosures, regulatory reporting & supplemental formats
- Perform review of the month-end reports and prepare journal entries as required
- Reviewing accounting policy issues and liaising with Accounting Policy Group to determine appropriate accounting treatments. Maintain technical accounting knowledge and keep abreast of new accounting developments in order to provide accounting interpretation, guidance and advice in a variety of situations
- Maintaining a strong control environment by proactively identifying control weaknesses and make recommendations to resolve; implement new controls where possible
- Lead special projects as assigned by Director, Finance Control
- Accounting designation (CPA preferred)
- Experience in the Financial Services Industry preferred
- Strong analytical skills with ability to interpret and summarize complex issues
- Demonstrated experience interpreting and applying accounting standards in complex transactions
- Team player with strong communication skills but also the ability to work independently and take initiative
To Apply: Please apply with resume in Word format.
*Please note: due to a high volume of applicants, only those chosen who best match the skills and experience will be contacted.
Those candidates currently located and legally eligible to work in Canada, need apply.