Our client, a Big 5 Bank in Toronto, is looking for a strong leader to join their Collateral Operations team, responsible for overseeing operations for all domestic and global collateral management as it pertains to securities borrowing and lending activity. Acting as Manager, you will use your strong leadership skills to supervise and develop ensuring team objectives are met, processes are maintained and securities settlement risks are controlled.
- Provide focused customer service and maintain a positive working relationship with all stakeholders ensuring all collateral issue (margin calls, settlements, exposures) and from time-to-time reconciliations are dealt with professionally and promptly.
- Monitoring daily processes ensuring outstanding problems are acted upon, collateral coverage is successful and deadlines are met.
- Ensuring strict adherence to securities lending collateral guidelines as always set out in the LCS to prevent any risk of exposure to the bank.
- Completing and assessing EOD exposure reports
- Contribute to the efficient cost effectiveness of the unit operation
- Act as a change agent in introducing any systemic changes or enhancements, alongside process confirmation on SOPs and identify improvements
- Be a strong, successful leader, acting as point of contact for your team queries and development.
- Must have experience working with Securities Lending, Derivatives, Repo Margins and understand Collateral Management
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills (verbal & written) – you will be working with various business units, handling inquiries from customers, traders/sales personnel & management
- Strong attention to detail, analytical skills and the ability to prioritize and handle a rapidly changing environment
- Must be conversant and have a strong grasp of principles for the systems used by the unit including Collateral Operations Systems, Arrow Blotters, CDS, DTC. Tri-Party platforms, various lending platforms.
- A successful team leader – must have managed a team with demonstrated ability to provide mentorship ensuring a collaborative team environment
To Apply: Please apply with resume in Word format.
*Please note: due to a high volume of applicants, only those chosen who best match the skills and experience will be contacted.
Those candidates currently located and legally eligible to work in Canada, need apply.