As a key member of the Global Markets Finance team, you will work with various stakeholders from Operations, IT, Risk Management and other Finance functions to help redesign and implement the financial governance and control processes.
- Build effective working relationships across operations, business, and across other finance teams to improve sharing of business and financial information
- Develop an understanding of the results of your businesses and key drivers for accounting variances, aiming to provide value-added advice as the business transforms and adapts to accommodate changes in client needs and the economic environment
- Manager control and governance over the financial position and performance of each business area and flawless execution of close processes:
- Support the accurate and timely execution of the monthly, quarterly, and annual financial close processes, including preparation of journal entries, reconciliations, and disclosure template submissions for financial and regulatory reporting
- Support and work with external auditors in their annual audit and audit-related requests
- Continuously drive change and add value by evolving current processes and leading transformation projects, identifying opportunities for streamlining and automation.
- Redesign existing commentary and analysis to maximize efficiency and value to key stakeholders (Financial Control, and Front Office)
- CPA, CA or equivalent
- Understanding of financial reporting under IFRS accounting standards and internal controls
- Strong analytical skillset and acute attention to detail with the ability to meet multiple deliverables
- Excellent communication & interpersonal skills to collaborate with multiple stakeholders
- Excellent presentation and report writing skills
- A background with an audit firm or financial institution preferred, exposure to Capital Markets is an asset
- Proficiency with MS Office Suite (Excel, PowerPoint, Access)
Please apply with resume in Word format.
Those candidates legally eligible to work in Canada, need apply.
For more opportunities, please go to www.fpinc.ca