Location: Hybrid (Downtown, Toronto)
Duration: 6 months
Our client a leading financial institution in Downtown Toronto is looking for a Java Developer – KSH/ Bash to develop and migrate existing shell scripts and command-line tools for batch automation and monitoring. The successful candidate will have the opportunity to work with one of the Top 5 Banks in Canada.
Typical Day in role:
- Develop and migrate shell scripts and command-line tools from Solaris to Linux.
- Migrate scripts from Perl to KSH/Bash.
- Migrate Java code from Java 6 to Java 8/11/17.
- Collaborate with software developers to integrate batch scripts with applications and services.
- Troubleshoot and debug scripts and command-line tools.
- Document code and work with QA team to test the scripts.
- Help setup SFTP connections to other servers (internal and external).
- Work with the technical lead to open firewall as needed.
- Submit requests to create job schedules.
- Upgrade and test Sybase client used by batch scripts.
- Assure quality, security and compliance requirements are met for supported area.
- 8+ years experience as a developer with Java 8 or above
- Proven experience as a shell script (bash, ksh) developer or similar role
- Strong understanding of Linux and Solaris operating systems and shell scripting
- Experience with open-source tools and libraries, such as awk, sed, grep, and more
- Working experience with Java, J2EE, Web Services (SOAP & REST), JAX-WS, JAX-RS
- Working experience with Database such as Sybase or MS SQL
- Working experience in JSON/RESTful, XML and SOAP services
- Experience with CI/CD pipelines and DevOps automation
- Good understanding of networking concepts and protocols
- Good understanding of SSL/TLS encryption protocol and its usage in network communication
- Familiarity with scheduling tools (SysAdmiral, AutoSys)
- Excellent problem-solving and debugging skills
Soft Skills Required:
- Strong communication and collaboration skills
- Knowledge of digital collaboration tools like Microsoft Teams, Confluence, JIRA
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Bachelor's degree in a related field required
Finance professional is committed to creating an inclusive environment where all team members and clients feel like they belong. We seek applicants with a wide range of abilities and we provide an accessible candidate experience. We advocate for you and welcome anyone regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, physical or mental disability, or age.