As the successful applicant, you will possess a working knowledge of the Ontario Planning System, relevant legislation, and the development approval process.
- 3-5 years of progressive Planning experience
- Bachelor’s degree with a focus in Planning, Geography, Land Development or other related topics (Graduate degree an asset)
- Provisional or Full membership with OPPI
- Experience managing issues at the Ontario Municipal Board / Local Planning Appeal Tribunal.
- Candidates must have a valid G-class driver’s license and access to a vehicle
- Ability to communicate effectively, both written and oral, with staff, project team members, and the public
- Leadership, project management, and problem-solving skills to direct projects to a successful conclusion
- Ability to work with and mentor Junior Planners to develop skills, competencies, and abilities