**This position is posted in anticipation of future hiring needs.
What is the opportunity?
In this role, you will be responsible for the production of an accurate net asset value for the entire fund range, inclusive but not limited to hedge funds, mutual funds, pooled funds and segregated funds. You will maintain strong working knowledge of the various accounting policies for different fund types, while enhancing productivity by implementing operation efficiencies, and building effective relationships with other departments.
What will you do?
Operational Duties & Service Delivery
- Ensure all required data for producing the NAV are available and quality ensured (corporate action, pricing) and prepare the Net Asset Value (NAV) for funds
- Reconcile unit holder capital stock, cash and security holdings and investigate and clear all outstanding issues in a timely manner
- Analyze & reconcile the general ledger to sub-ledger and resolve outstanding issues in a timely manner
- Calculate Performance fees (if applicable) and investigate, document and escalate issues/events
- Prepare the calculation of year-end distributions of income, capital gains and related tax issues
- Deliver quality customer service through timely and accurate report delivery
- Maintain client on site reports in an organized manner and ensure all daily valuations reports are accounted for
- Degree in Accounting or Finance
- Securities industry knowledge and in progress with CFA qualification , at a minimum have passed CFA 1.
- Investment accounting experience – working knowledge of GAAP/IFRS
- Strong computer skills, and specifically for Microsoft Excel, and Word
- Ability to meet tight deadlines and strong analytical skills
- Good technical knowledge on calculating Net Asset Value, preparing financial statements
- Good knowledge of accounting standards and MPOWER/ Multifonds.
- Accounting designation(s) are recommended (i.e. CGA, CMA, CA etc)
- Other industry related courses or accreditations are also recommended: Canadian Securities course (CSC) or mutual funds course (IFIC)
Only those eligible to work in Canada may apply.