Financial Analyst – FP&A
This is a 3 Month Contract to help for Financial Planning and Budgeting Season. Potential to extend. Ability to start right away is paramount.
This position is On- Site: location is near a GO train station in Etobicoke.
The Financial Analyst is responsible for providing in depth analysis and commentary to support informed decision making by key stakeholders. The Financial Analyst will seek to understand and plan performance trends and metrics, be able to build cross functional relationships, and will assist in communicating findings across the organisation.
- Manage and support the budget and forecast processes, develop/ammend the budget templates, communicate and educate the various cross-functional owners on how to use them.
- Working closely with stakeholders, facilitate efficiencies and adherence to deadlines.
- Consolidate budget and forecast information into summary and detailed reports with relevant commentary.
- Work with the Sales Management team in development of annual Territory Sales Targets.
Financial Reporting & Analysis
- Support the production of a high quality Monthly Reporting Package. Continually identify where the specific gaps are to achieving the plan, from volume to expense.
- Develop appropriate KPIs and Scorecards for certain departments. Analyze information from various sources to identify historic trends to set annual benchmarks and track performance.
- Provide financial analytical support for business cases and special projects, own and develop frameworks for the various business cases that are required. Partner with the business to enable the analysis to be completed on time and to a high quality, present findings and recommendations for review. Follow up with post-mortem analysis.
Sales Reporting and Analysis
- Prepare high quality Monthly Regional Sales Reporting Packages.
- Provide accurate and timely quarterly updates for Sales results and reconciliations. Prepare quarterly Sales results packages, coordinate the communication and approval process, and submit relevant information to HR for calculation of sales incentive payments.
- Provide ad-hoc sales reporting for Sales Managers and Field Sales.
- Provide ad-hoc analysis to the business to enhance understanding of business performance. Pro-actively analyze various parts of the business, input costs, processes etc. to help identify cost savings, efficiency opportunities, or other drivers of additional profitability.
- Attend regular meetings with stakeholders to build cross-functional relationships to enable support in achieving stakeholder goals.
- Maintain strong working relationships with internal departments (Sales, Marketing, Distribution, Supply Chain, BT and HR).
- Must be detail oriented.
- Self-motivated, needs little direction and supervision.
- Logical thinker, be able to break down complex issues into component parts.
- Strong communication and collaboration skills.
- Strong presentation skills – ability to present findings in a complete and clear way considering the audience.
- Ability to understand business operations and demonstrate value through partnerships with the organization.
Education / Experience:
- University degree a must, with an accounting or business background preferred.
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in an analytical role with a strong practical foundation in sales, marketing, manufacturing CPG, or distribution settings.
- Excellent computer skills. Advanced Excel skills required (candidates will be expected to do a 30 minute excel test during the interview process) and MS SQL is an asset. Experience with PowerPoint required with exposure to Access a plus.
- Strong analytical skills and a proven track record of problem solving and process improvement.
- Excellent time management and organizational skills, with ability to juggle priorities and work well with deadlines.
For more opportunities, please go to www.fpinc.ca
We specialize in finding high performing, talented Accounting & Finance Professionals who are being sought after by top tier companies across Canada for permanent, contract and project opportunities. As a relationship first company, we build win-win partnerships with the candidates and companies we work with. Our focus is to make sure that we get it right the first time saving you time, money and energy during the process. As your trusted advisor, we work hard to ensure that you have the very best experience in your search.