One of our top clients', a Global Real Estate firm, is currently seeking a Finance Manager to join their team. The company has major operations in Asia, Australia, and North America with a large diverse portfolio of development projects. The Finance Manager will provide finance and accounting support to the Director of Finance by managing the accounting functions, the financial analysis and reporting processes, and improving business efficiencies. Managing a team of 5, the Finance Manager will be a vital contributor to the growth of the organization in years to come.
- Manage overall general accounting and tax functions including corporate accounting, consolidation, audit, reporting (investor, audit, month/quarter/year, etc/), AP/AR, etc.
- Lead monthly progress draw review and funding process for the development team while maintaining accurate project budget, cashflow projections, and reporting
- Assist in PO / contract review from finance perspective
- Increase efficiencies where applicable to maximize business results
- Support financial modelling, analysis and reporting, including highlighting risks and opportunities for management’s consideration
- Ad hoc tasks as required
- Must speak, read and write English and Chinese (Mandarin / Cantonese)
- Direct industry experience in Toronto real estate development
- Completion of CPA & CFA designation preferred with accompanying education
- 5+ years of experience in financial accounting and/or planning and analysis
- 3+ years of progressive management experience
- Systems: Advanced MS Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint), Data Visualization tools (preference to Tableau)
- A motivating personality that leads by example with their strong organization, communication, creativity, and detailed abilities
*Please note: due to a high volume of applicants, only those chosen who best match the skills and experience will be contacted.