This is a key leadership role within the Corporate Support Technology and Operations Finance Control team. You will be responsible for managing a team to ensure appropriate governance and controls are in place to support the accuracy and completeness of balance sheet and income statement in Technology and Operations, advise business groups on new business initiatives and provide accounting interpretation, guidance and advice on transactions as they arise
Reporting to the Senior Director, Corporate Support Financial Control, your responsibilities will include:
- Establish the control and governance framework for Technology and Operations, including monthly GL reconciliation review and attestation, process map implementation and timely resolution of outstanding reconciliation issues.
- Lead the month-end close ensuring accurate financial reporting. This includes the development and implementation of an effective P&L and BS monitoring process to facilitate oversight over the month end close process and timely submission of the month end templates to the Head Office.
- Provide oversight and strategic direction for the control environment, work with the SOX office and auditors to ensure compliance with SOX and other audit requirements.
- Coordinate with Performance Management team and relevant stakeholders to ensure Fixed Assets, and Intangibles accounting such as asset recognition, impairment assessment etc. is reviewed and updated on a regular basis.
- Provide advice on new initiatives from Financial Control perspective, considering impacts to legal entity reporting, platform reporting and the total bank reporting etc.
- Act as a change agent within the team to provide recommendations for improving internal processes and enhancing the efficiency.
- Effectively manage and develop a team of finance professionals to foster a high performance culture.
- Lead special projects as assigned by Senior Director, Corporate Support Financial Control
- An accounting designation (CPA)
- Experience interpreting and implementing IFRS accounting standards (IFRS 15, IAS 38, IAS 37)
- Strong management capabilities to lead a team
- Team player with strong communication skills
- Strategic thinker, with a process improvement mindset
- Strong financial and analytical skills and policy background
- 5 years of experience since qualification in a Financial Control role
To Apply: Please apply with resume in Word format.
*Please note: due to a high volume of applicants, only those chosen who best match the skills and experience will be contacted.
Those candidates currently located and legally eligible to work in Canada, need apply.
For additional opportunities, please visit: https://www.fpinc.ca/opportunities/