A fantastic and interesting opportunity to join a leading Big 5 Bank in Canada as Director, Tax Planning & Advisory supporting a wide range of Canadian Income Tax planning & advisory matters. You will focus on employee compensation, benefits, incentives and global mobility and serves as the primary Tax Department liaison to HR in respect of such matters.
- Acting as a point of contact for the enterprise’s global network of compensation, benefits, incentives and cross border mobility professionals;
- Acting as a domestic income tax advisor in Canada for the enterprise in respect of a broad range of Canadian tax matters relating to compensation, benefits, pensions, bonus plans, cash and stock-based incentives and other incentive plans, and employee mobility matters (including assessing provincial and Canadian permanent establishment rules and the application of treaties);
- Assessing tax implications of compensation packages (including benefits, pension and bonus and other incentive plans) and employee mobility matters (including those specific to indigenous individuals);
- Providing advice and support in relation to tax audits, appeals and litigation;
- From time to time, assist the Sr. Director, Tax Planning & Advisory with income tax planning and advisory matters including:
- Supporting enterprise business platforms including, in particular, Capital Markets;
- Providing advice in relation to acquisitions, dissolutions, structured finance, structural reorganizations, etc.;
- Monitoring legislative tax developments and assessing their impact; and assisting with the development and implementation of mitigation strategies and the delivery of major tax projects
- A bachelor’s degree with CPA designation, License to practice Law in Canada or MTax degree
- 5+ years of tax experience in an accounting or law firm or in industry providing tax advice (financial institutions preferred)
- Experience consulting on general compensation plan design and employee mobility, and assessing tax implications of compensation packages, benefits, pensions, bonus and other incentive plans, and mobility matters
- Talented at analyzing and researching complex issues and developing innovative solutions to optimize tax positions and policies to mitigate tax risks
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to translate complex technical concepts into plain language
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to work cooperatively with all levels of employees and maintain strong relationships
- Ability to take initiative and ownership of challenges and opportunities and see them through to resolution
- Ability to lead consultations with, and manage outside tax advisors
- Motivated self-starter with the ability to work independently with moderate to minimal supervision in a fast-paced, dynamic team oriented environment
- A strategic and continuous learning mindset with a desire to stay on top of tax technical changes in Canada and abroad
- Strong planning and organizational skills and ability to manage multiple completing priorities
To Apply: Please apply with resume in Word format directly or send to firstname.lastname@example.org
*Please note: due to a high volume of applicants, only those chosen who best match the skills and experience will be contacted.
Those candidates currently located and legally eligible to work in Canada, need apply.
For additional opportunities, please visit: https://www.fpinc.ca/opportunities/