We've partnered with a very exciting SaaS company based in Quebec. Searching for their next Director of Research & Development, the chosen candidate will work directly with the President and other Executives, the Director of Research & Development will be responsible for determining the strategic technology stacks to be used to further improve and build upon the robust architecture already developed.
Day to day responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Manage the organizations New Technology Development functions
- Stay current with the latest product Technology, Development tools and software for Artificial Intelligence needs
- Align New Technology Design Strategies with current initiatives
- Manage new Technology Projects including budget allocation, design, and development
- Document required processes, actions, etc. per company direction
- Understand patent situation on new technologies making suggestions when needed
- Ad hoc tasks as required
- 10+ years experience with preference to candidates coming from environmental impacted industries (Oil & Gas, Shipping/Logistics, Railway, Environmental Engineering, etc.)
- Must have bilingual proficiency with Canadian French and English
- Technical background with an Engineering Degree and/or significant Product Management experience.
- Experience in an Integrated Product Development Team
- Keen familiarity with various Design Programs and technical knowledge
- Knowledge and understanding of Artificial Intelligence trends including suppliers, developers, and providers
**Please Note: Due to a high volume of applicants, only those who most closely match the job requirements/qualifications will be contacted