Our client, a low to mid rise Real Estate Developer is in need of an experienced Direcor of Finance to join their team! Currently, the company has been successful in securing development budget for multiple projects and needs an experienced Director to maintain the project Proformas, ensure financials are accurate, and grow the operational team. Working closely with the President, the chosen candidate will be responsible for the complete needs of the Project Financing and Accounting tasks.
The candidate’s main responsibilities will include, but will not be limited to:
- Preparing, underwriting, analyzing and evaluating pro-forma budgets and financial models and conducting due diligence for new real estate opportunities.
- Preparing, monitoring, analyzing and evaluating project budgets and business unit operating results on a regular basis and highlighting key opportunities, key issues and key variances in actual versus budgeted amounts.
- Preparing, underwriting, monitoring, analyzing and evaluating financing structures for projects and real estate assets and reviewing and negotiating each financing’s corresponding documentation.
- Managing certain aspects of cash management platforms with banking partners.
- Maintaining, growing and strengthening key partner relationships with its equity, lender, banking and other stakeholder partners and market participants.
- Ensuring ongoing reporting requirements for key stakeholders are provided when due and in a consistent, clear and accurate manner.
- Preparing presentations.
- Ensuring compliance with policies, processes and risk management practices while helping create and implement new initiatives.
- Managing a group of people (including an analyst(s) and accountant(s)) while being responsible for each person’s ongoing development and other HR functions.
- Be a results’ oriented, highly motivated, inclusive, collaborative, detailed, analytical and strategic real estate and finance professional with strong leadership characteristics and a focus on building relationships, developing people, risk management, execution and delivering strong financial results in accordance with strategic goals and objectives.
- Have at least 7 years of relevant real estate industry and/or professional experience.
- Have an undergraduate or masters’ degree in either business, finance or accounting with a CPA or CFA professional designation being a key asset.
- Bilingual with Mandarin/Cantonese and English
**Please Note: Due to a high volume of applicants, only those who most closely match the job requirements/qualifications will be contacted**