Our Client is seeking an established Senior Controller or Director of Finance with 10+ years experience in High Rise / Mid Rise development to be part of the growth and management of its development accounting group.
Reporting to the CEO, and working with managers and staff throughout the company, the Sr. Controller or Director of Finance oversees all financial activities of the Development, Property Management & Ownership divisions of the Company. Responsible for all financial reporting, the Sr. Controller or Director of Finance develops and implements accounting policies, systems and procedures in order to ensure accurate and timely financial reporting to the firm owners and managers.
- Manage equity and debt draws for project ownership entities, partnerships, and joint ventures consistent with their respective legal structuring, and in coordination with cost consultants and construction lenders.
- Communicate and engage with investment partners on accounting inquires and statements
- Provide financial analysis of projects and operations to the internal executive team, with a goal to seek improvements and compliance with project/partnership goals
- Assist in the compilation of quarterly reports on projects to be distributed to investors, partners and lenders
- Review and organize corporate expenses for potential cost savings
- Seek out and implement process improvements and efficiencies for corporate operations
- Direct, monitor and manage the invoice payables of projects, while reconciling with the contracts to ensure accurate, consistent procedure and payment
- Conduct and manage with the team reconciliation of project accounts and reporting to external accounting/auditing firm(s) for month-end, quarterly, and year-end filings
- Review preparation of HST input tax credits on projects
- Drive schedules on reporting requirements, budgeting and investor reporting
- Monitor budgets and project performance, providing monthly budget forecasts
- Assist with accounts payable and approval of related construction invoicing
- University degree in Accounting or Business
- CPA/CA/CMA/CGA Designation.
- 10+ years experience in construction and real estate development industries
- Excellent knowledge of MS Office and superior excel skills, with experience with real estate reporting software including Yardi, Jonas, and Procore
- Excellent interpersonal skills, with emphasis on articulate communication in English; both verbal and written.
- Collaborative team player, passionate about the role, personal development, real estate, and achieving larger business goals and objectives. Sense of humor is an asset!
*Please note: due to a high volume of applicants, only those chosen who best match the skills and experience will be contacted.