Corporate Payroll Accountant
Our client in the mining industry is looking for a Corporate Accountant to join their team in the head office. This position is critical to deliver financial reports by the required deadlines. Reporting to the Corporate Controller, the chosen individual will responsible for the following:
- Utilizing Ceridian Payroll system, complete remuneration, changes, or etc. for employees on a bi-monthly basis
- On board new employees for initial payroll calculations with 100% accuracy
- Complete withdrawal reconciliations in relation to bank account net pay utilizing Ceridian system
- Complete required new pay comparison report noting any discrepancies or changes
- Ensure audit trail is updated and accurate
- Utilizing Excel speadsheets, calculate individual employee expats on a bi-monthly basis
- Remit taxes owed in Canada to CRA and taxes owed in Mexico to the subsidiary for remittance
Accounts Payable Duties:
- Enter invoices into the Payable sub-ledger in SAP
- Bi-weekly payments prepared either through SAP (for EFTs and cheques) and bank wires. Ensure payments are approved for processing
Financial Reporting and other tasks
- On a monthly basis, prepare journal entries for Prepaid, bonuses & Accruals, Depreciation, and Payroll
- Prepare invoices and journal entries for inter-company entries and charge backs
- Prepare monthly Corporate Credit Card expense reports for my Client's employees
- Minimum of 5 years of experience
- CPA/CGA/Payroll designation or working towards it.
Knowledge & Skills:
- 3-5 Years of direct experience with SAP
- 5 Years+ experience with Payroll systems (Preference to Ceridian System
- Past experience with companies with multiple offices or locations will be considered an advantage.
**Please note, due to a high volume of candidates, only individuals who meet the requirements will be contacted.