The Controller is responsible for the development, manufacture, purification, and packaging of therapeutic proteins. The Controller is responsible for general accounting and control policies. Oversees the preparation of financial and management reports. Determines the cost price of the carious products. Directs the administration of credit and collection policies. Responsible for the control of the company’s assets and financial liabilities. May be responsible for administration and information systems.
- Recommend benchmarks for measuring the financial and operating performance of divisions and departments.
- Monitor and analyze monthly operating results against budget.
- Direct and coordinate debt financing and debt service payments with external agencies.
- Oversee daily operations of finance department.
- Review revenue recognition entries under IFRS 15 – ASC 606.
- Manage the preparation of the official annual report of actual revenues, transfers and expense.
- Prepare financial analysis for contract negotiations and product investment decisions.
- Ensure and implement short- and long-range department goals, objectives, policies and operating procedures.
- Design, establish, and maintain an organizational structure and staffing to effectively accomplish the department’s goals and objectives.
- Serve on planning and policy making committees
- Serve as primary legislative liaison relative to company financial issues.
- Direct financial audits and provide recommendations for procedural improvements.
- Preparation of financial statements, tac and audit reporting in accordance with US GAAP to ensure all reporting requirements are met.
- Prepare financial analysis and reports to present to audit committee and board of directors on a quarterly basis.
- Ensure all tax information is completed and filed on a timely basis (SR & ED, HST, Corporate Tax, and Statistical Information).
- Oversee all functions of Capital Assets reporting – ensure proper recording, identification, and security of fixed assets.
- Manage cash flow requirements for the company.
- Assist Human Resources with payroll issues and reporting.
- Provide support service for all other departments, enacting policies and processes.
- Other duties as assigned.
Must Have Skills:
- 5-10 years of progressive Accounting experience with the Pharmaceutical or Manufacturing industry
- CPA, CA designation
- Experience with IFRS and US GAAP reporting
- SR and ED tax experience is an asset