• Develops and coordinates team and broad-based business-specific communications and activities in orientation, with the purpose of increasing knowledge-sharing, team effectiveness and buy-in of the business strategy
• Facilitates timely and effective communication within the team, ensuring all relevant parties receive sufficient education and training for smooth business functioning, and channeling appropriate information to relevant stakeholder groups at the right time to drive desired behaviours.
• Plans, coordinates and executes tasks and activities of assigned project components through internal and partner subject matter experts.
• We are a busy team with tight deadlines that must be met.
• We interact with senior management and executives so professionalism is of upmost importance.
• It is a dynamic team who communicate well with one another
– Responsible for the development and production support of recurring communication deliverable as identified in the communication plan(s) and ad-hoc communication requests.
– Writing and designing key materials for communication, education and training
– Leads the coordination, design and implementation of content for communication deliverable to internal and external stakeholders.
– Develop and manage delivery of strategic presentations and stakeholder communications for executive and stakeholder audiences
– Advising on communications strategies
What program/technology/software knowledge is essential for this role and in what capacity will the successful candidate be using it:
– Will use Microsoft Office and/or Adobe Creative Suite every day to build engaging materials that will be distributed to the field across the country
Must Have Skills/Experience (In order of priority):
– Create written and visual aspects of communication materials (PowerPoint decks, infographics and other media)
– Advanced written communications ability including proof-reading, grammar and conventions, and business-style writing. (Knowledge of the financial/banking sector terminology would be an asset)
– Advanced communication skill, specifically ability to determine the information and communication needs of stakeholders and project team (who, what, where, why and how)
– Extensive experience with desktop publishing (Word, PowerPoint, Adobe, etc.)
– Advanced design formatting and graphic design skills, and understanding of style, consistency, and colour sense
– Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Office tools
– Advanced proficiency with Illustrator, Photoshop and InDesign
– Ability to advise on design strategies to reach a particular audience
***Please note – all submissions must include a portfolio that demonstrates writing and design skills and experience (i.e., copy, presentations, communication materials, announcements, emails, articles, flyers, etc.)***
Nice to Have Skills/Experience:
– Agency experience
– Bachelors degree in liberal arts discipline (i.e., Communications, English, Marketing, Journalism) or Graphic Design
– 3-5 years of proven experience in Communications, preferably Corporate Communications, or Communications within an IT Project or Program Space
– Advanced presentation skills and change management skills
– Experience using electronic communication technology and software, specifically webcasting, survey tools, SharePoint and intranet publishing. Includes good formatting and graphic design skills, and understanding of style, consistency, and colour sense.
– Previous experience managing change communication and training is important. While not required, experience in education/adult learning would be an asset to the position.
Please describe the work environment:
– Corporate agile environment that promotes and excels in working collaboratively