This position is open in anticipation of future hiring needs.
- Participates in Workstream planning process including inception, technical design, development, testing and delivery of BI solutions
- develop and manage business intelligence solutions
- Developing BI recommendations based on stakeholder feedback, User experience (UX) interpretation of feedback
- Ensuring the right product is built
- Understanding and representing/conveying the vision to the scrum team
- Understanding the strategy and product roadmap to ensure product backlog prioritization is in alignment with the roadmap timing of customer facing features/functionality
- Supporting the creation of the strategy / roadmap that contributes to the product's revenue and profitability targets
- Assisting the development of business cases
- Identifying product opportunities and challenges and recommending expanding product offering to ensure competitive positioning
Business Requirements & Analysis
- Works with stakeholders to develop and analyze business intelligence needs
- Provides input to business requirements for the design of solutions
- Interprets business requirements and determines optimum BI solutions to meet needs
- Provide in-depth analysis and reporting on business performance activities
- Develop data visualization or working prototypes to represent and confirm requirements (Tableau, Kibana)
- Collaborates with internal teams to develop advanced analysis and modelling methods to drive deeper insight and identify opportunities based on information gathered
- Create and maintain documentation including requirements, design, user manuals
- Refine and prioritize the product backlog, including non-functional requirements
- Identify opportunities to improve processes and strategies with BI solutions
- Identify development needs in order to improve and streamline operations
- Identifying business resources required for user acceptance testing (where needed) and post-implementation validation, working with the scrum master on the associated planning
- Defining and maintaining the non-functional Requirements (NFRs) in collaboration with Solution Architect, to help assure that the solution meets relevant standards and other system quality requirements.
- Identifying, executing, or enabling implementation of agile change management activities related to the Initiative
- Acting as the scrum team’s single-point-of-contact on behalf of Business stakeholders
- Managing or resetting the expectations of Business stakeholders when required. E.g. circumstances beyond team control
- Identifying and understanding customer pain points at the Sprint User story level and validating that solutions address those needs
- Negotiating priorities between competing stakeholder interests at the Sprint User story level and then collaborating with team to ensure that the highest value deliverables are completed within the sprint
- Influencing or negotiating key product decision points and milestones, ensuring expectations and outcomes are jointly agreed upon and updated.
- Identifying, establishing and maintaining relationships with business stakeholders
- Continually engaging and communicating with business stakeholders on forth coming deliverables so that their feedback is incorporated as part of Sprint planning
- Coordinates external client engagement including demos, information gathering, input and engagement of end users
- Design and deliver end user training and training materials
· Undergraduate Degree in Business, Information Technology, Computer Science, Engineering or equivalent experience.
· Certified Scrum Product Owner (CSPO) is highly desirable or equivalent
· Tableau certification is highly desirable or equivalent
Must Have Skills/Experience (in order of priority):
· Business Intelligence consulting experience – Knowledge and ability to apply the principles of business analysis and business intelligence to capture actionable insights for planning and requirement gathering including data visualization in tools such as Tableau
· Experience with the agile process – Product owner
· Advanced MS Excel skills including macros, pivot tables, v-lookup, etc.
· Data visualization tools such as Tableau, Power BI, Kibana
· Advanced knowledge of SQL queries including SSIS packages, advanced query construction
· Experience building dashboards using data visualization tools, data analysis using excel, SQL for data discovery and manipulation.
Nice to Have Skills/Experience:
· Business Analysis: Knowledge and ability to apply the principles of business analysis for planning and requirement gathering.
· Product Development: Using market information to guide the design and development of products/services/offerings.
· Stakeholder Management: Building effective relationships by understanding key partner needs and demonstrating integrity and professionalism
· Agile Leadership: Assuming a leadership role in enabling an agile work environment
· Business Communication: Professionally conveying and receiving information, thoughts and emotions using a variety of mediums (e.g. written, verbal, electronic)
· Decision Making: Selecting one of multiple alternatives, each with varied levels of risk and ambiguity.
· Teamwork (Collaboration): Working collaboratively with others to achieve organizational goals
Only those eligible to work in Canada may apply