3 month contract
Our banking client in Toronto (Work Remote for now) is looking for a Business Analyst with Settlements and clearing experience to work within the Regulatory Initiatives group an an industry transforming project.
Duration: 09/19/2021 to 12/18/2021 (3 months with potential for extension)
Hours: Monday- Friday 8:30- 5:00 pm
Position openings: 1
Story behind the need: Additional project support
Business group: Regulatory Initiatives- Project management office for global banking and markets and regulatory initiatives. This team completes the intake for all projects, acquires necessary resources, tracks project status and is in charge of overall PM work.
Project: Required to assist GWO in planning and coordination of testing workstream, working with GWO teams to design and lead user acceptance testing across multiple post trade functions
Candidate Value Proposition:
– Industry transforming project, of the highest profile.
– Exposure to mid and back office
-Exposure to other organizations in the industry
– Collaborative and strong team environment
– Opportunity to work with senior members of the bank
Typical Day in the role:
– Assist various operations groups with testing workstreams (testing will be in settlements and clearing)
– Coordinate testing workstreams for the testers
– Sit virtually with the testers (5 -6 individuals) during testing to gather information and facilitate overall process
– BA will be in charge of coordinating internally and then communicating results and status back to the business partners
– Provide frequent and professional updates back to the project team and director
– 50% of their time will be working with testers and coordinating the tests, the other 50% will be communicating with the project team and business leads. informed of the progress-
– Partner with the technology teams to provide operational input
Must have hard skills:
1. 5- 7+ years of BA Project experience relating to large scale testing cycles (understanding testing scenarios, how tests are designed, built, cycles etc..)
2. 10 years of FI experience (tech or operations)- no coding or development experience required, supporting operational functions
3. Prior knowledge of Canada’s settlement systems and settlement convention
Nice to have hard skills:
1. Operations experience in the banks (settlements and clearance specifically)
2. Experience working with Broadridge, BPS
– Must have strong and articulate communication skills as they will be providing status reports to senior members of the banks.
– Must have good E.I. (emotional intelligence) skills to determine risk scenarios and when to escalate and when to strategically influence.
Education/ years of overall experience:
– Appropriate post secondary education relevant to the securities industry.
– PMP, BA certification (nice to have)
Thank you for your interest. Please apply with resume only. A recruiter from Finance Professionals inc will call select qualified candidates to discuss experience and next steps.