Location: Hybrid (Downtown, Toronto)
Duration: 6 months (Possibility for an extension, or conversion to a full-time employee)
Our client, a leading financial institution in Downtown Toronto is looking for a Big Data Solutions Developer – Expert to work collaboratively with business stakeholders to architect, implement and test Big Data-based analytical solutions from disparate sources. The successful candidate will lead the creation and evolution of Big Data architecture deliverables, including services, frameworks, templates, tools, standards, guidelines, best practices, and roadmaps.
Typical Day in role:
- Provide consulting services on new initiatives (small to large of varying complexity)
- Explore new emerging technologies and how they best suit our applications
- Develop, code, document and execute unit test, system, integration and acceptance test using different languages and testing tools for functions of high complexity
- Ensure adequate technical documentation and training
- Optimize spark jobs and java applications
- 5+ years application development experience in Hadoop, Spark and Java/Scala
- 7+ years application development experience in Java and Spring Framework
- 10+ years of full development life cycle experience, from architecture through test and deployment and cross platform skills
- Experience in developing and optimizing Big Data applications using Java/Scala and Spark on Cloudera/HDP
- Experience in developing/designing micro-service architecture
- Experience in developing applications in Spring & Spring Boot
- Working knowledge of Jenkins CI, Git, JIRA
- Ability to seek improvements to all aspects of development process
- Knowledge in Market Risk/Capital Markets/Banking.
- Experience in building data pipelines on AWS/Azure
Soft Skills Required:
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology, Computer Science
Finance professional is committed to creating an inclusive environment where all team members and clients feel like they belong. We seek applicants with a wide range of abilities and we provide an accessible candidate experience. We advocate for you and welcome anyone regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, physical or mental disability, or age.