Our Banking Client in Toronto has 2 openings in their Global Banking Market Internal Controls, Regulatory Initiatives group for Latin America.
This is a bilingual (Spanish, English position)
Contract duration: 5+ months with likelihood to extend
Location: Toronto / Remote work
Schedule Hours: 8:30 AM – 5 PM EST/CT. Will need to be flexible as they may be requested to work with Mexican hours.
Story Behind the Need
Business group: GBM Internal Control LATAM Capital Markets – GBM presence across the LATM jurisdictions, contractors will be bringing services to these countries.
Project: Global GBM Internal Control is undertaking a project and we are looking to enhance internal controls through this project that will include technology and process enhancements.
Contributes to the overall success of the Global Banking & Markets (GBM), Internal Control function in Latin America ensuring specific individual goals, plans, are executed / delivered in support of GBM’s Control Library and 1st Line Testing initiative. Ensures all activities conducted are in compliance with governing regulations, internal policies and procedures.
Candidate Value Proposition: High visibility project – initiate is a commitment that the division has made to the board. New function that is being built from the ground up. Dealing with First Line and large Capital Markets organizations. Selected candidate will obtain Front Line control experience. Also, will gain exposure to the back office process that support the GBM and Global Operations. Will also have exposure directly with LatAm countries and Sr. Leadership.
Typical Day in Role:
- Assist in the initial review of regulatory controls provided by Internal Control IB to ensure the exercise cover GCM regulations and controls are according to them.
- Assist in the initial documentation and mapping of key regulatory and non-regulatory controls for GCM products.
- Assist in the maintenance and updates of key controls inventory for GCM products.
- Assist in the development, planning and execution of GCM first line testing program for the periodic testing of key controls to assess their design and operating effectiveness in managing operational risks in the respective GCM Products.
- Assist with providing regular reporting to GBM Management of the condition of internal controls in the respective business lines including analyses of root causes of control breakdowns and determines appropriate corrective actions; Follow up on the remediation of corrective action.
- Assist in identifying and addressing underlying causes of control breakdowns or instances where controls are inadequate.
- Assist with the maintenance of Issues Tracking Database for the first line testing and provide summary updates to GBM Management.
- Assist with the follow-up of open issues identified from the first line testing and ensure recommended corrective actions have been remediated;
- Maintain regular communication with GBM Compliance an Internal Control IB to determine changes to regulatory rules and understand their impact on various GBM business units, and applicable controls;
Candidate Requirements/Must Have Skills:
1) Fluent in Bilingual in English and Spanish – need to understand and comprehend Spanish – written and verbal.
2) 5 years of experience in a capital markets and/ or operational risk management role in a Financial Services Firm or Consulting Firm.
3) 5-6 years Working in a similar position dealing with Internal Controls, and dealing with Front Office Staff.
4) 5+ Years – Microsoft Office Experience – Macros, PowerPoint, Excel
1) Portuguese Speaking
2) Knowledge of LatAm Regulations (Mexico, Peru, Chile, Colombia, Brazil)
4) Kondor, Wall Street, WSS & Others
Soft Skills Required:
1) Self-Motivated and experience in working on complex projects across different countries
2) Managing stressful/difficult conversations.
Degrees: Bachelor’s Degree
Please apply with resume in Word format.
We specialize in the recruitment of high performing, talented, Accounting, Finance, and Project Professionals who are being sought after by top tier companies for permanent, contract and project opportunities in Banking, Finance and Accounting. As a relationship first company, we build win-win partnerships with the candidates and companies we work with. Our focus is to make sure that we get it right the first time saving you time, money and energy during the search process. As your trusted recruitment advisor, we work hard to ensure that you have the very best experience in your search.