As an Associate Director you will support senior managers in the oversight of Financial Risk.
What will you do?
Accountable for broad oversight of Investment Risk within our Banking client's Insurance division which includes but is not limited to:
- Periodic reporting on key investment risk metrics
- Development of new investment risk metrics
- Maintenance of investment-related policies and frameworks
- Communicate and present technical issues to different stakeholders
- Stakeholder experts in Insurance and Bank, to socialize new strategies and key findings
- Interaction with Investments in the assessment of risk for proposed investment strategies
- Support other initiatives on a needed basis, which includes but not limited to risk appetite, policy and governance, group annuity valuation and experience studies
What will you need to succeed?
• Bachelor’s degree (or greater) majoring in Actuarial Science. Other relevant Majors (e.g. Business, Economics, Mathematics, or Statistics) are acceptable if accompanied with demonstrated knowledge of Actuarial concepts
• FSA (Fellow of Society of Actuaries) or FCIA (Fellow of Canadian Institute of Actuaries), or close to either.
• Minimum 5 years of actuarial / insurance experience with demonstrated knowledge of professional standards of practice, the legislative environment and industry best-practices.
• Strong technical and analytical skills. Proficiency with the GGY/AXIS system and modelling of insurance products.
• Expert user of Microsoft Excel including VBA and proficient in Microsoft Access and Microsoft Word.
• Excellent ability to communicate effectively (both oral and written) and deal with ambiguity; flexibility to adapt to change
• Demonstrated experience with CALM, (Canadian Asset Liability Management)
Nice to have
• Knowledge of a broad area of expertise (by product and by function) gained through a minimum of 5 years of direct or indirect related work experience and training
• Ability and willingness to partner effectively with other actuarial leaders, as well as with leaders of other functional areas.
• Advanced knowledge of CALM, interest rate risk management, insurance products; encompassing product design and features and their impact on insurance risk
Thank you for your interest. We welcome applications from everyone legally eligible to work in Canada (work permit, PR, Citizenship). Only select qualified candidates will be called by a recruiter to discuss their experience and next steps.