Hiring Manager: Director & Head, GWO Regulatory Reporting
Location Address: 150 King Street West
Contract Duration: 1 year – 09/07/2021 to 09/06/2022
Number of Positions: 2
Schedule Hours: 9 AM – 5 PM
Override Job Title – Associate, Capital Markets
Story Behind the Need
Business group: GWO – Operations Control – Regulatory Trade Reporting – GWO – support GBM, operations side support Regulatory Trade and Transaction Reporting.
Project: Supporting several Key Initiatives within GWO. The position is responsible for providing the GWO Operation Teams with support in the closure of Compliance, Audit and Regulatory open issues. The person in the role actively plans and helps ensure deliverables are successfully executed in support of GWO regulatory commitments. The position requires understanding of derivative trade lifecycle and OTC derivatives regulatory reporting requirements for G20 trade reporting, including Dodd Frank Act (DFA) and Canadian Trade Reporting.
Reason for request: Ongoing support
Candidate Value Proposition: Cross functional element – interact with stakeholders across the bank, not just operations. Nature of the work is a deep dive into specific elements of the regulations when it comes to the operations, will gain strong functional knowledge of how trade reporting works and how the bank satisfies regulatory regulation. Great opportunity to work with technology teams/projects teams and various other teams.
Typical Day in Role:
– Play key role in correcting historic trade reporting. Apply reporting logic to data sets and complete quality assurance.
– Provide the GWO Operation Teams with support for closure of Compliance, Audit and Regulatory open issues.
– Coordinate and assist in the preparation of information requests that come to the GWO team from Audit, Compliance, and others.
– Support the GWO team to understand, analyze and resolve Compliance and Audit finding and inquiries. This includes supporting the responses to audit/testing observations and findings and driving strategy to successfully close open issues.
– Document issue closure. Ensure design effectiveness and operational effectiveness are anchored within the business and recordkeeping is in place to evidence closure.
– Ensure that timelines are met and where timelines are at risk, ensure that appropriate escalations occur.
– Coordinating with key stakeholders to ensure teams leverage best practices and develop processes to ensure that GWO is in alignment with key stakeholders
– Understand regulatory reporting requirements and ensure that the key business processes are built to ensure compliance with the reporting obligations in all regions the bank operates
Candidate Requirements/Must Have Skills:
1) 2 + years of experience working in the OTC derivatives regulatory environment – with strong derivative product knowledge and regulatory within a Financial Services Industry.
2) 2 + years of Previous experience in business, operational risk, compliance, audit, testing or front office function
3) 2 + years In-Depth knowledge of the following Regulations: Canada Securities Act (CSA) and Dodd Frank Act (DFA)
4) Strong understanding of derivative trade life cycle – work experience in risk, product control or operations. Previously worked with trade data
Soft Skills Required:
1) Organizational Skills
2) Demonstrated ability to successfully manage, improve and ensure constant effective working relationships with internal stakeholders to support their initiatives and mitigate regulatory and operational risk
3) Superior problem-solving, strategic thinking and analytical thinking skills
4) Excellent Communication – verbal, and written
Degrees: Bachelor’s degree in business, finance, or related field
Thank you for your interest. Please apply with resume. A Recruiter will screen your resume within approximately 48 hours and contact select qualified individuals for further discussion.