Established manufacturing company with multiple locations within North America and Europe is looking for a professional Senior Accountant to join their team. The successful candidate will be working out of the company’s head office situated near 427 & Dundas in Mississauga.
We are looking for an energetic, conscientious and detail-oriented person who enjoys being part of a team, takes pride in their work, wants to make a difference and wants to grow into more responsibility.
Responsibility & Skills:
- Accurately and timely process invoices for suppliers on a regular basis
- Conduct analysis of expense invoices
- Do cash disbursements for invoices, petty cash re-imbursements and other cheque requisitions as requested.
- Update and reconcile bank statements when required and on a monthly basis
- Reconciliation of general ledger accounts, e.g. property taxes, mortgages and interest accounts, and balancing intercompany accounts on a monthly basis
- Preparation and analysis of financial statements
- Track sales tax, employee health tax, corporate tax, Source Deduction and WSIB Remittance
- Assist in annual audits as required
- Accurately coordinate and administer payroll functions for hourly and salary employees across Canada and USA on a bi-weekly basis including the preparation, calculation and disbursement of wages, deductions, overtime payments, incentive earnings and garnishments.
- Do payroll submissions
- Answer inquiries with regards to payroll
- Process and administer group insurance benefits
- Maintain employee files and database
- Knowledge of Canadian and USA payroll legislation an asset
- Able and willing to provide backup and support to other members of the accounting team and flexible to accept other duties as required
- Desire to work on special accounting projects at times to further the group such as subsidy programs, improving paperless and electronic payment processes and improving data security of financial documents
- Post-Secondary Education in Business Administration, Accounting, or related field.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience working in accounting and/or payroll
- Accounting designation is a nice to have
- Strong written and oral communication skills; strong interpersonal skills
- Attention to detail and accuracy is crucial
- Can handle confidential information with proper decorum
- Ability to handle large volume of transactions quickly and accurately
- Flexible, able to manage multiple tasks and able to recognize changing priorities
- Ability to problem solve and think outside the box
We are looking for a curious, analytical person who will know how to work in a team and meet tight deadlines. It is important to want to be part of a company whose work ethic, loyalty, and attention to detail are fundamental values.