Job Posting ID: BNSJP00021292
Job Posting Title: Operations Analyst
Title: Analyst, securities clearing
Location: 150 King Street W (WFH for now)
Duration: ASAP- 1 year
Hours: Monday- Friday 8:30- 5:00 (7.5 hours per day)
Position openings: 2
Story behind the need: Backfills
Business group: GWO – Settlements & Clearing – Securities Settlements- Settle trades on behalf of the bank.
Typical Day in the role:
– The Analyst plays a key role in management of the specialized securities operations for the Settlements requirements of the Scotia Group.
– This position, responsible for assisting management in their efforts to coach individuals, coordinate workflows, measure and enhance employee engagement as well as the daily evaluation of team performance.
– The incumbent is expected to actively encourage the use of the daily huddle as a mechanism to create a shared understanding within the team and provide input in the establishment of benchmarks and targets to facilitate operational efficiency and to create a culture of continuous improvement.
– Provide reliable and timely responses confidently to direct inquiries from customers, traders/sales personnel & management.
– Monitor inherent risks in the unit
– Manage ones time in a rapidly changing environment regarding policies, procedures, automated systems and client needs.
– Use sound judgement and initiative in managing the daily operations of the department within established policies and procedures.
– All decisions outside authority level are to be referred to senior management with recommendations (escalations, operational concerns, trade/ system issues, trade settlement problems resolutions).
– Manage high value transactions, unpredictable volumes and time constraints
Must have hard skills:
1. Understanding of Accounting Principles – debit and credit transactions
2. Financial Industry Experience 0.5-2 years
3. Thorough knowledge of branch regulations, policies procedures, operations, transactional services and functions to ensure center operates within audit requirements
4. Working knowledge of Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, and Outlook).
Nice to have hard skills:
1. Experience with BTS (061&191), Impact, Clearance Pro, Escape, Arrow, Arrow Blotters, CDS, DTC and FED.
2. Accounting Clerk experience
– Excellent communication skills
– Strong organizational skills
– Ability to manage high stress situations
– Highly developed analytical and problem solving skills
Education/ years of overall experience: High school diploma, Post-secondary preferred
How many rounds/ type: Panel interview, (1 round- virtual)
Interview availability: ASAP
Additional Notes: The securities industry is a complex business operating within a rapidly evolving environment. The incumbent may face stressful situations due to rapid changes and multiple high priority issues. Due to the nature of the business, situations demanding immediate attention can arise at any time, adding further stress.
Thank you for your interest. Due to the high volume of applications for this role, only select qualified candidates will be called for an initial screen from a Recruiter.