Our client is one of the Big 5 Banks looking for a AML Analyst for its team.
What will you do?
- Apply high standards of accuracy and quality to daily AML/ATF alert reviews, and associated client risk assessments;
- Collaborate with business partners, and Business Unit Compliance Officer team members, to identify high risk clients and complete enhanced due diligence measures;
- Investigate unusual transactions and make recommendations regarding risk levels and subsequent regulatory filing, as required;
- Identify and articulate continuous improvement opportunities to enhance effectiveness and efficiency of the program;
- Contribute to the maintenance of the company AML/ATF Program Policies and Procedures;
- Maintain up to date knowledge of AML/ATF regulatory requirements in order to provide guidance to business partners regarding related processes and procedures;
- Actively participate in various AML/ATF compliance initiatives.
- A minimum of 2 years of experience in compliance, risk, audit, or related finance role in the financial services industry;
- University degree in related field;
- Interest in regulatory compliance, specifically AML/ATF regulation;
- Strong written communication skills, with the ability to draft a recommendation to senior leadership and filings to regulators;
- High degree of accuracy and attention to detail;
- Ability to prioritize workload based on risk and associated deadlines;
- Can collaborate well with teammates, while also working with relative autonomy;
- Highly motivated self-starter with the ability to work without close supervision;
- Proficient knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and internet/web navigation research skills (eg. Open source).
- Government Clearance (Reliability Status) is mandatory – only those with existing clearance or those willing to obtain will be considered
Nice to Have
- Knowledge of insurance and wealth products and services, particularly within the company;
- Certified Anti-Money Laundering Specialist (CAMS) certification, or willingness to obtain;
- Bilingualism in any language in addition to English;
- Prior experience in a high-volume financial transaction environment;
- Understanding of AML/ATF regulatory requirements
*This position is open in anticipation of future hiring needs.